Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation March Grants
The following are the grants approved by the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation Board of Trustees in March, at the first of three meetings to be held in 2015:
- Perkins Center for the Arts: $50,000 for general operating support of the arts, arts education programs and organizational operations. (Moorestown, Burlington County)
- Symphony in C: $50,000 for general operating support of Symphony in C's Professional Development Internship Program and Music Matters! Education Outreach Programs. (Collingswood, Camden County)
- Bay-Atlantic Symphony: $50,000 for general operating support of Bay-Atlantic's season of symphonic music performances and educational programs in southern New Jersey. (Bridgeton, Cumberland County)
- Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center: $75,000 for general operating support of museum collections, the region's largest hot glass studio, other artist studios, and arts education activities benefiting a diverse audience of children, teens and adults. (Millville, Cumberland County)
- City Without Walls: $35,000 for general operating support of CWOW's work to advance the careers of artists and expand the audience for contemporary art as a way to build communities, careers and culture. (Newark, Essex County)
- Dance New Jersey: $35,000 for general operating support to provide, develop, expand, and evaluate programs and services for the dance community in New Jersey. (Montclair, Essex County)
- Montclair Art Museum: $75,000 for general operating support of MAM's innovative, educational exhibitions and public programs. (Montclair, Essex County)
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center: $75,000 for project support of the Jersey Moves! Dance Festival, NJPAC's Stage Exchange, and TD James Moody Jazz Festival. (Newark, Essex County)
- Paper Mill Playhouse: $65,000 for general operating support of Paper Mill Playhouse's artistic and education programming that engages audiences, nurtures new work and artists, and inspires students' creativity. (Millburn, Essex County)
- South Orange Performing Arts Center: $30,000 for project support of SOPAC's presentation of a regional dance series of five New Jersey-based dance companies. (South Orange, Essex County)
- Trilogy: An Opera Company: $10,000 for project support of the production of two new operas, "Marcus Garvey" and "The Central Park Five." (Newark, Essex County)
- Valley Arts: $40,000 for general operating support of Valley Arts' efforts to strengthen artistic programs in the Valley and launch pilot programs in other Orange neighborhoods and schools. (Orange, Essex County)
- Mile Square Theatre: $20,000 for general operating support of Mile Square Theatre's full season of productions and educational activities in 2015. (Hoboken, Hudson County)
- Nimbus Dance Works: $30,000 for general operating support of Nimbus Dance Works' dance programming, arts education programs in Jersey City, and the School of Nimbus Dance Works. (Jersey City, Hudson County)
- Roxey Ballet Company: $25,000 for general operating support of Roxey Ballet's high level performances, unique education initiatives, and in-depth outreach to its constituency. (Lambertville, Hunterdon County)
- Grounds For Sculpture: $30,000 for general operating support of Ground for Sculpture's arts programs, exhibitions, and educational programs for children and adults. (Hamilton, Mercer County)
- American Repertory Ballet: $25,000 for general operating support of American Repertory Ballet's performance season, and Access & Enrichment education and community programming. (New Brunswick, Middlesex County)
- George Street Playhouse: $75,000 for general operating support of George Street Playhouse's mainstage productions and arts education programs. (New Brunswick, Middlesex County)
- Lustig Dance Theatre: $30,000 for general operating support of Lustig's dance season including performances statewide, in-school education programs, and a dance and wellness studio. (New Brunswick, Middlesex County)
- Monmouth County Arts Council: $40,000 for general operating support of Monmouth Arts' work connecting arts with community life, education, health, local economies, redevelopment and lifelong learning. (Red Bank, Monmouth County)
- New Jersey Repertory Company: $70,000 for general operating support of NJ Rep's season of six world-premieres and 20 developmental readings. (Long Branch, Monmouth County)
- Two River Theater Company: $50,000 for general operating support of Two River Theater's development and production of new works and masterpieces to cultivate an engaged theatre audience. (Red Bank, Monmouth County)
- Morris Museum: $50,000 for general operating support of Morris Museum's exhibitions, arts education programs, and presentation of theatre, music and dance performances. (Morristown, Morris County)
- Playwrights Theatre of New Jersey: $30,000 for general operating support of Playwright's New Work Development Program for the development of new plays through readings, workshops and productions, and the New Jersey Writers Project in schools and community-based organizations statewide. (Madison, Morris County)
- Creative Capital Foundation: $50,000 to bring career-building professional development opportunities to artists in New Jersey through a Blended Learning Program delivered via an online platform.
- Discovery Orchestra: $30,000 for general operating support of Discovery Orchestra's educational, interactive music programs that help audiences develop listening skills to more deeply connect to classical music. (Warren, Somerset County)
- Printmaking Center of New Jersey: $35,000 for general operating support of unique fine art programs and services offering experiences and opportunities for artists, veterans, youth and the general public. (Branchburg, Somerset County)
- Peters Valley School of Craft: $75,000 for general operating support of Peters Valley's adult and youth summer workshops, working craftsmen, exhibits, craft fair, open-house, public presentations, and community outreach. (Layton, Sussex County)
- Carolyn Dorfman Dance: $50,000 for general operating support of Carolyn Dorfman Dance's performance season and arts education programming. (Union, Union County)
- Visual Arts Center of New Jersey: $20,000 for general operating support of contemporary art exhibitions and arts enrichment programs of the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. (Summit, Union County)
- Centenary Stage Company: $27,500 for general operating support of Centenary Stage's year-round theatre, music and dance programming, annual Dance Fest, and full array of educational outreach programs including Shakesperience. (Hackettstown, Warren County)
- Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation: $375,000 for continued support of the New Jersey Fellowship Program. (Princeton, Mercer County)
- Jazz House Kids: $35,000 for general operating support of Jazz House Kids' robust, year-round programs in the schools, at the Jazz House facility, and in the community. (Montclair, Essex County)
- Mason Gross School of the Arts: $10,000 to provide scholarships for financially needy and meritorious students to attend the 2015 Rutgers Summer Jazz Institute. (New Brunswick, Middlesex County)
- New York-New Jersey Trail Conference: $25,000 to support the New Jersey Community Trails program, to improve public access to trails and public land in New Jersey, protect open space, and connect people to nature. (Mahwah, Bergen County)
- Camden City Garden Club: $55,000 for support of community gardening, and urban greening and agriculture programs in Camden City, New Jersey. (Camden, Camden County)
- Center for Environmental Transformation: $20,000 to support urban agricultural, greening, and environmental justice programs to promote local solutions to environmental challenges in the Waterfront South neighborhood of Camden. (Camden, Camden County)
- Cooper's Ferry Partnership: $50,000 to support Camden SMART, a community-driven, collective impact initiative to improve neighborhoods and address hazardous environmental exposure from combined sewer overflows in Camden, New Jersey. (Camden, Camden County)
- Bayshore Center at Bivalve: $80,000 for general operating support to engage the regional community in planning, conservation, celebration, and experiential education that supports sustainability in New Jersey’s Delaware Bayshore. (Port Norris, Cumberland County)
- Greater Newark Conservancy: $90,000 for general operating support to improve the quality of life in New Jersey's urban communities through education, urban greening and gardening, job training, and environmental justice programs. (Newark, Essex County)
- Ironbound Community Corporation: $75,000 to support restoration, stewardship, and greening of the Passaic Riverfront in Newark, New Jersey, through advocacy and community programming. (Newark, Essex County)
- Hunterdon Land Trust: $55,000 for general operating support to preserve and steward critical farmland and conservation lands, engage the public, and promote a rural economy in Hunterdon County. (Flemington, Hunterdon County)
- Isles: $75,000 to support urban greening and agriculture programming, and community based food system planning. (Trenton, Mercer County)
- New Jersey Future: $250,000 for the Urban Waters Solutions Initiative, a collaborative, urban water stakeholder group working to support clean water and sustainable communities in New Jersey by advancing innovative infrastructure solutions in communities with combined sewer systems. (Trenton, Mercer County)
- NY/NJ Baykeeper: $75,000 for general operating support of conservation, restoration, and grassroots advocacy to protect and preserve the Hudson-Raritan Estuary. (Keyport, Monmouth County)
- Land Conservancy of New Jersey: $70,000 for general operating support of preservation, stewardship, and municipal services programs that offer creative approaches to preserving land and water resources, restoring native forests, increasing local food accessibility, and caring for open space. (Boonton, Morris County)
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation: $140,000 for general operating support to preserve New Jersey’s highest priority conservation lands through stewardship, acquisition, advocacy, and education. (Chester Township, Morris County)
- New Jersey Highlands Coalition: $50,000 for general operating support of education, advocacy, and outreach programs to ensure implementation of the Highlands Regional Master Plan, and to promote protection and stewardship of the region’s land and water resources. (Boonton, Morris County)
- Trust for Public Land: $125,000 for general operating support to advance greener communities in New Jersey through land conservation and urban park development. (Morristown, Morris County)
- American Rivers: $30,000 to support river restoration through implementation of the New Jersey River Restoration Action plan, and build regional capacity for dam removal projects through technical assistance and training.
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network: $70,000 for general operating support to advance protection of the Delaware River’s waters and watershed in New Jersey through science-driven advocacy, strategic communications, and watershed restoration programs.
- Land Trust Alliance: $20,000 to provide technical support and strategic communications guidance to New Jersey’s nonprofit conservation community.
- Manomet, Inc.: $35,000 for the Celebrate Delaware Bay social marketing campaign to cultivate connections between people, shorebirds, and horseshoe crabs and build a community of action to advocate for and protect the Delaware Bay.
- Student Conservation Association: $50,000 to support the NJ Park and Watershed Conservation Stewardship Program, which connects local high school youth to local communities to implement on the ground park restoration projects and engage in job readiness training.
- City Green: $60,000 for general operating support of urban greening, community gardening, and urban agriculture in northern New Jersey cities. (Clifton, Passaic County)
- Hamilton Partnership For Paterson: $25,000 for general operating support to assist and inform planning for the Paterson Great Falls National Park, and to develop programming and educational materials to enhance park visitors' experiences, and the social and economic benefits of the park for the city. (Paterson, Passaic County)
- New Jersey Invasive Species Strike Team (NJISST): $15,000 for general operating support of coordination of identification and eradication of emerging invasive species on public and private lands to safeguard natural resources, and the ecological and economic value of preserved land. (Hillsborough, Somerset County)
- Raritan Headwaters Association: $25,000 for general operating support of water quality programs, land preservation, stewardship, education and advocacy to protect, preserve, and improve water quality and natural resources of the 470-square mile Raritan River headwaters region. (Gladstone, Somerset County)
- Foodshed Alliance: $25,000 for general operating support to promote sustainable agriculture in northern New Jersey and a resilient, regional food system. (Blairstown, Warren County)
- Grow it Green Morristown: $20,000 to support expansion of existing staff from part-time to full-time to fulfill the upcoming growth of the Early Street Community Garden and increased programming at the Urban Farm, and efforts to increase GIGM's donor base. (Morristown, Morris County)
- Council of New Jersey Grantmakers: $25,000 to support the office of the Newark Philanthropic Liaison in improving Newark through the collaboration of grantmakers and government partners.
- Center for Non-Profit Corporations: $25,000 for general support of the Center's work to strengthen New Jersey's non-profit community, with special emphasis on advocacy, public information and educational activities.
- Environmental Leadership Program: $35,000 to train 20 individuals for ELP's emerging environmental and social change leaders program and support collaborative projects between New Jersey-based Fellows.