Creative New Jersey
c/o The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
14 Maple Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07719
ContactMs. Elizabeth A. Murphy
For operating support of community engagement programs and events that fuel creativity and collaboration between highly diverse groups of individuals as essential components of thriving communities.
Creative New Jersey (CNJ) is dedicated to fostering creativity, innovation, and sustainability by empowering individuals to engage in cross-sector partnerships in commerce, education, philanthropy, government, and culture in order to ensure dynamic communities and a thriving economy.
By championing creative thinking and establishing the conditions for collaboration among diverse groups of people, our work fosters creativity, advances dialogue, builds leaders, and weaves networks of individuals who are thinking innovatively and creatively about social and economic solutions to their community challenges.
Our process for inviting and convening people is unique in the state of New Jersey. Even those communities who have held multiple, large meetings over the years have never engaged or empowered their community in this way.
We work in communities throughout the state -- from single municipalities to counties to multiple-county regions -- and where there is urgency to find creative and innovative solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
Since 2012, Creative NJ has produced and/or engaged:
- 171 partnering organizations (for-profits, nonprofits and government agencies);
- More than 1,200 individual participants;
- 8 Local Communities (Atlantic City, Elizabeth, Hammonton, Highlands, Morristown, Orange, Rahway, and Trenton);
- 3 County/regional communities (Monmouth County (2x--includes Creative MoCo), Skylands Region (Morris, Sussex & Warren Counties);
- 2 Issue-Specific convenings (NJ Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster -- Disaster Response & Recovery; NJ Health Initiatives -- Building a Culture of Health in NJ)
- 4 statewide convenings.