Community Foundation of South Jersey
104 Walnut Avenue
PO Box 446
Haddonfield, NJ 08033
ContactMr. Sidney R. Hargro
Program AreaTechnical Assistance
For general operating support of the Community Foundation's efforts to increase the level and effectiveness of South Jersey philanthropy and for support of a board training series for regional nonprofits.
As a community foundation, CFSJ was created in 2009 to increase the level of endowed philanthropy and help local residents realize meaningful results from their generosity. We provide a broad range of flexible giving vehicles and services to support our givers in every phase of their philanthropy. We believe that informed, engaged donors in partnership with others can create thriving, equitable, and livable communities in South Jersey.
The foundation's notable accomplishments include:
- Increasing CFSJ assets from two donor funds and over $500,000 to 33 funds and over $15 million today.
- Allocating over $4.8 million in grants and scholarships for the region.
- Hosting the first ever Social Enterprise Summit in South Jersey in partnership with Rutgers Center for Urban Entrepreneurship and Economic Development to investigate the promise of double bottom line enterprises.
- Sponsoring the Nonprofit Resilience Institute, a seven course series designed to help nonprofit leaders and board members improve the sustainability of their organization.
- Establishing the Camden Food Innovation Fund and invested $80,000 to support innovative approaches to improve food access and create jobs in Camden City.
- Cultivating over almost $300,000 for Super Storm Sandy recovery.