The Growing Stage - The Children's Theatre of New Jersey
7 Ledgewood Ave., Route 183
PO Box 36
Netcong, NJ 07857
ContactMr. Stephen L. Fredericks
To support the ongoing professional artistic and educational programs of The Growing Stage - The Children's Theatre of New Jersey.
Our mission remains to nurture the development of the performing arts through education, and to create, produce, and perform works that engage the entire family. We seek to be a model of excellence in theatre and strive to develop new initiatives through the arts, both on the stage and in the classroom, which will enhance and benefit the lives of our young people. We offer children throughout the state, performances on our Main Stage as well as an extensive educational program in our facility. Our touring company travels statewide.
Key personnel include:
- Stephen L. Fredericks, Founder & Executive Director. Recognitions include: The Sara Spencer Award presented by the American Alliance for Theatre and Education in recognition for making significant contributions to the field of theatre for young audiences; and the 2008 Exemplary Performance in Nonprofit Management Award presented by the Community Foundation of New Jersey.
- Thomas J. Romano, Managing Director first served as a trustee before assuming the position of Managing Director. Thomas was previously elected as New Jersey Chapter President of the American Society of Travel Agents and is a Trustee of the New Jersey Theatre Alliance.
- Lori B. Lawrence, Director of Educational Programming oversees the educational component of all our productions, in-house class sessions, as well as outside workshops and residencies. In 2009 Lori was recognized by the ACMA with the Arts Educator of the Year Award.
- Perry Arthur Kroeger, Resident Artist has worked with TGS for the past 26 years while working as well in regional, off-Broadway and on Broadway theatre as a designer, lyricist and playwright.
- Danny Campos, Director of Audience Development, holds an MA in educational theatre from NYU and since 2008 has served as a teaching artist, marketing manager, director and performer at The Growing Stage.
- Steve Graham, New Play Reading Festival Director, is a professional actor and musician that has fostered the growth of this program that become a signature initiative for both the company and the field.