For more than 40 years, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation has nurtured leaders, ideas, and institutions that use creative problem-solving to promote a sustainable future. The Foundation’s focus is New Jersey, carrying out its work in program areas that have evolved over time in response to social, economic, and cultural changes.
The Dodge Foundation in June adopted a new strategic plan with a revised vision, mission, values, an equity definition, and goals and strategies to guide the Foundation’s strategic direction. By centering equity in its plan, Dodge seeks to learn what’s working elsewhere, and to bring its deep knowledge of New Jersey and programming perspective to address equity issues in the state.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation envisions an equitable New Jersey through creative, engaged, sustainable communities.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation supports arts, education, environment, informed communities, and poetry to connect communities and influence social change to achieve an equitable New Jersey.
The values that guide the Foundation are:
COLLABORATION: Internal and external collaboration leads to the best ideas and solutions.
- EQUITY: Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to resilient organizations and communities.
- LEARNING: Curiosity, listening, and risk-taking are key to creativity and innovation.
- RESPECT: Empathy, respect, humility, accessibility, and transparency are the foundation of successful relationships.
- STEWARDSHIP: Effective stewardship of our resources ensures a long-term commitment to New Jersey.
We deploy our resources to produce tangible and measurable progress toward our vision through:
- Capacity building and technical assistance
- Special programming and initiatives
- Social-impact investing
- Stakeholder engagement
We steward and leverage all our resources, financial and human, to advance our vision, including our:
- Reputation and legacy
- Expertise and talent
- Power and voice
- Endowment and financial resources
- Relationships and networks
We partner with and support the nonprofit sector to be valued and effective influencers for community-level change in New Jersey, with a priority focus on elevating the voices and power of those communities that have been historically and systematically excluded from investment and opportunity.
At the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, equity means aligning our resources to address historical, institutional, and structural impediments so that New Jerseyans of all races and communities have what is needed to realize a quality life.