Get the latest news from the Dodge Foundation, plus links to articles about our grantees and other interesting topics here in our Featured News section. Check back often for updates.
- (April 8, 2014) Dodge announces 65 new grants totaling $3.5 million for its first round of grants in 2014. Please see the full press release, which includes the grant listings.
- (February 18, 2014) Dodge announces that it has been awarded a $2 million, two-year grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation to test a variety of revenue models to help both for-profit and nonprofit news sites in New Jersey achieve financial sustainability. The grant will also enable Dodge to identify and fill gaps in coverage with seed grants, and work with a variety of partners to develop creative community engagement opportunities and ideas.
For details of the grant, please see the press release. For more information about Dodge’s Media grants, please visit our website, and our blog.
- (December 19, 2013) In its final round of grantmaking for 2013, the Trustees of the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation have approved 57 grants totaling $2.97 million. For the press release and full listing of grants, please click here.
- (November 19, 2013) Today, the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation launches the Jersey Give-Back Guide, an easy-to-use website that features a selection of New Jersey's most effective and inspiring nonprofits, and encourages the public to make year-end donations. It is sponsored by NJ.com, which will promote it on its website. The Guide uses a handy and fun device called the "Generosity Generator" to help take the guesswork out of giving. To see which nonprofits were selected for the inaugural Guide, see the press release and visit the website.
- (September 18, 2013) Come see the new exhibit, Seeing Space, at the Gallery at 14 Maple, which is free and open to the public. The opening reception, hosted by Morris Arts, is Thursday, September 26. Click here for full details.
- (July 15, 2013) The Dodge Foundation announced that its Trustees have approved 94 grants totaling $4 million in its second round of grantmaking for 2013. Dodge President and CEO Chris Daggett noted that these grants "represent some of the most effective and inspiring nonprofits in our state." The grants support Arts, Education, Environment and Media organizations dedicated to delivering exemplary programs and services to the people of New Jersey.
For the full press release and listing of grants, please click here.
- (April 23, 2013) The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation announced today that its Trustees have approved 75 grants totaling $3.5 million in its first round of grantmaking for 2013. These grants support Arts, Education, Environment and Media nonprofits across the state dedicated to delivering high quality programs and services to the people of New Jersey.
For full details of the grants, please visit the Dodge Foundation’s easy-to-search grants database, which can be sorted by category of grant, location in New Jersey, and year the grant was made. There is also a map view of the grants, as well as detailed information about each individual grant.
- (February 4, 2013) The Community Foundation announced guidelines for the New Jersey Recovery Fund. The Dodge Foundation will be managing the application process, so all application information, including guidelines, an FAQ, and a discussion forum, can be found on the Dodge website's New Jersey Recovery Fund section.
- (December 31, 2012) Including grants for its Technical Assistance initiative, Creativity initiative, and Poetry program, the Dodge Foundation made 224 grants totaling $10.8 million in 2012.The complete listing of grants for 2012 (as well as 2008 - 2011) appears in our grants database on our website, which can be filtered by program area (Arts, Education, Environment, Media, Technical Assistance and Morristown).