Below is an overview of the Dodge Foundation application.
Please provide a high-level overview of the previous year’s accomplishments and challenges, as well as your goals for the year ahead. You will also be prompted to provide updated contact, bank, financial and trustee information.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
The Dodge Foundation has launched a new software system to manage our grants and grant applications.
Here is the link to the new Dodge Grants Portal. Read more about this new system and sign up for a webinar by viewing our Dodge Blog Post. Current grantees seeking to reapply as part of our Sept. 9 deadline will need to register as users in this grants portal and can click the following links to access the user registration guide and application instructions. Please do not begin your application using our old system.
Current and invited grantees in 2019 will continue to use our streamlined application.
- Amount Requested
- Type of Support (If project, total project budget and project timeline)
- Organization Annual Operating Budget
Please provide a brief summary of the purpose of the request. (Limit: 255 characters)
(Suggested 500-word count for each question)
For existing grantees only, please describe the results of the outcomes you projected on your prior year application. Note any changes in what you proposed, opportunities and hurdles you encountered, and partnerships you developed.
Briefly describe the primary activities planned for the next year, including details about the important partnerships and the constituencies you serve.
List the top three anticipated outcomes you hope to achieve over the coming year and how you will know if you have achieved them.
Have you experienced any significant achievements or setbacks we should know about related to your organizational issues? Please highlight any needs.
What are your organization’s internal Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals?
Is there anything else you would like us to know?
- Detailed organizational budgets (expenses and income) for the last completed fiscal year and the current fiscal year. If you have it, please also include your projected upcoming fiscal year budget. We prefer a side-by-side comparison of the fiscal year budgets in a single document, but you may attach multiple documents if necessary. If your organization is a chapter of a national association or part of a university, please provide financial information that relates to your specific operations. (Required)
- If applying for a specific project, please attach a budget for the project.
- Most recent audited financial statement and 990. (Required)
- List of trustees (Required)
- Copy of voided check. (Required)
- Up to five photos (preferably in .jpg or .png formats) that are representative of your work and for which Dodge has permission to publish on our website or in any Dodge publications. Please be sure to include any applicable photo credits, and please put the name of your organization in the title of the photo. (Optional)
- Other supporting files (Optional)
- Arts grantees are required to complete a DataArts profile and upload a Funder Report along with your application. For instructions on how to access your Funder Report, please follow these instructions from DataArts.
- Education grantees who are providing arts education programming are required to report information on programs, teaching artists, schools, students and teachers served on the Arts Education Data Dashboard, a new tool designed to map the impact of arts education programming nonprofit organizations bring to New Jersey schools and children. The 2018-19 school year data must be inputted into the system by October 1, 2019, but you may begin inputting data at anytime. You can access and learn more about the Dashboard here. You will need to have a username and password provided by Dodge to access the dashboard. If you have not received your log in information or have questions, please email dashboardhelp(at)grdodge(dot)org.