Dodge Imagines A New Way
The Dodge Foundation set a course five years ago to create a more equitable New Jersey. Our resolve was only strengthened by the devastating pandemic and our national reckoning on racism this past year. We are now applying our learning and experience to transform our grantmaking, partnerships, internal operations, and how we deploy our resources. We refer to our transformation as Imagine A New Way because we are:
- Imagining New Ways to center our work with intentionality and action toward racial equity and justice, and
- Imagining New Ways to operate as a philanthropic institution that is more just, regenerative, and that shifts more power and economic control to communities.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation envisions a just and equitable New Jersey where people of all races and communities have equal access to opportunities and are able to thrive and achieve their full potential.
The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation supports organizations and projects that use strategic tools to repair unjust systems and tackle barriers to a just and equitable New Jersey.
The values that guide the Foundation are:
COLLABORATION: Internal and external collaboration leads to the best ideas and solutions.
- EQUITY: Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to resilient organizations and communities.
- LEARNING: Curiosity, listening, and risk-taking are key to creativity and innovation.
- RESPECT: Empathy, respect, humility, accessibility, and transparency are the foundation of successful relationships.
- STEWARDSHIP: Effective stewardship of our resources ensures a long-term commitment to New Jersey.
We direct our time, energy, and resources toward efforts that address root causes and repair of structural racism and inequity in New Jersey.
We partner with and support the nonprofit sector to be valued and effective influencers for community-level change in New Jersey, with a priority focus on networks, movements, organizations, and leaders closest to the harms of inequities and who have been historically excluded from investment and opportunity.