BOARD LEADERSHIP TRAINING SERIES
Dodge's Board Leadership Training Series, designed for executive leaders and board members of Dodge grantee organizations, is a step-by-step program to build a stronger and more effective Board of Directors for your organization.
We have teamed up with The Nonprofit Center at La Salle University's Business School to present this free comprehensive series.
- Foundational Workshops: Attend three mandatory full-day workshops: Getting Started: Lifecycles, Assessment and Building a Culture for Effective Change; The Board Bootcamp; and Where Do We Go From Here: Turning Learning Into Action
- Drilling Down: Attend a minimum of three drilling down workshops on the most pressing Board development subjects: A Strategic Approach to Strategic Planning; Optimizing the Board/Executive Director Relationship; Board Financial Management: Telling Your Story Through Numbers; The Board's Role in Fundraising; and Recruiting and Retaining Effective Board Members
- Graduate Learning Opportunities: Refresh your learning by registering for Graduate courses.
- Institutionalize The Learning: Apply for a Matching Grant Consultancy, take advantage of free consulting, or participate in peer-to-peer discussions.
Workshop Attendance and Registration
- This series requires a substantial commitment from both staff and board. To be eligible for the matching grant for follow up work with a consultant, your organization must attend THREE Foundational workshops, and a minimum of THREE of the five Drilling Down workshops.
- You must attend each workshop as a team of top management staff and up to three board members.
- Please register your organization’s team at least three weeks prior to the workshop date. All workshops are limited to 25 participants and will fill up quickly. Preference will be given to Dodge grantees committing to the full series, and, space permitting, previous Board Leadership Series graduates.