Leading up to New Year’s Eve, we are highlighting each of the organizations featured in the Jersey Give-Back Guide, an online giving gadget that takes the guesswork out of year-end giving. Today: Arts Horizons!
- Website: artshorizons.org
- Twitter: @artshorizons1
- Facebook: Facebook.com/ArtsHorizons
- Instagram: Instagram.com/arts_horizons
- Share our video: https://vimeo.com/146804754
What they do:
For over 37 years, Arts Horizons has impacted the lives of more than 9 million children and adults through the power of the arts. We are committed to making the performing, visual, literary and media arts and artistic expression equitable and accessible to diverse people of all ages and abilities. We believe that the arts are fundamental to a child’s education, stimulating learning, enriching the teaching process and providing lifelong learning.
Our programs include engaging residency programs conducted by professional teaching artists; Interactive live performances; Creative Spirits: Participatory arts workshops for seniors that promote well-being; Hospital Schools: Adaptive programs for populations with special needs and children in hospitals; The Artist/Teacher Institute: Professional development for teachers and staff that builds skills in and through the arts.
All of New Jersey and New York.
What makes them great:
- EQUITABLE ACCESSIBILITY: We are committed to making the arts and artistic expression equitably accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
- MULTIPLE ART FORMS: We are committed to exploring multiple art forms, including music, visual arts, dance, theater, arts technology, creative writing and speaking.
- POWER OF ART: We believe in the power of the arts to enhance educational experiences.
- ARTISTS IN SOCIETY: We value the central role of artists and their work in our society.
- ARTISTIC GROWTH: We are committed to providing teaching artists with opportunities to grow and sustain their creative work.
- ART AS CAREER: We are committed to introducing young people to possible career paths in the arts.
- MUTUAL RESPECT: We value the expression of mutual respect among our staff, teaching artists and the communities we serve because we believe each is a resource to the other.
How your donation will make an impact:
Your donation will allow us to reach more children, adults, classroom teachers and seniors of all abilities in schools, community centers, hospitals, assisted living facilities and nursing homes.
How to get even more involved:
Your donation will make a difference in the lives of others and help sustain Arts Horizons to achieve its 40–year milestone.
—Jenifer Simon, Director of New Jersey Programs, Partnerships and the Artist/Teacher Institute
>>>Get Generous for Arts Horizons
Learn more about the Jersey Give Back Guide and all featured organizations at jerseygivebackguide.org