Uh oh. Roadblocks.
You’re going to run into some obstacles.
What gets in the way of assessment? Several come to mind:
- Not having enough time
- Co-workers unwilling to put forth the effort
- People who fear change, who can’t think differently about what they do or how to do their work, and people who are afraid to engage in communication
- The connotation of assessment is negative
- Not having the right structure or system in place for having the right kind of communication
We have found that there are two predominant obstacles:
- Time (not having enough time)
- Change (resistance, habit, fear, etc.)
How do we tackle them?
- Intro: the Dodge Assessment Initiative Online Workshop
- Are there any aspects of your work that you wish were better?
- What do we mean by assessment?
- What is exemplary feedback?
- Planning backwards
- The rubric: if you can describe it, you can measure it
- Rubric practice
- See how others have written their rubrics.
- Rubric review
- Important reminders about the rubric writing process.
- Uh oh. Roadblocks.
- Overcoming the obstacle of time.
- QII and assessment exercises.
- Overcoming the obstacle of change.
- Assessment principles and concepts. One more time.